PRESS FOR PROGRESS


Across the world, women are making positive gains day by day.

The theme for this year's international women's day is Press for Progress. all over the world, a lot of women are clamouring for equality and empowerment. I think that for us to create a gender equal world, we have to start with empowering the girl child.

The girl child should be raised with the full realization that she is complete, that she is enough and that she has all that she needs to be all she wants to be.

Today, I celebrate women who have made impact in the world and women whose works inspire me.

  • Maya Angelou: the phenomenal woman
  • Chimamanda Adichie: your books give me life
  • Oprah Winfrey: the story of your life gives me hope
  • Rupi Kaur: mother of 'milk and honey' and 'the sun and her flowers' keep enriching my soul.
There is a call for action for women all over the world to continue to press for progress because if we stop, the world stops.

CHIDIMMA

She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. __Proverbs 31 vs. 17



Comments

Popular Posts